Monday 12 March 2012

One Autumn Morning


I greet the pale orange bloom that suffuses the sky,
a streak that travels through the powder blue horizon,
and blows away the white puff of a cloud as it passes by,
spreading it’s wings across the breadth of my vision.

The darkness turns to light within a few blinks of the eye,
as the sun raises it’s head past the skyline and peeks at me,
the trees wake up from their slumber with a hearty sigh,
as if the glorious dawn is such a painful vision for them to see.

But I can see through their pretenses as easily as do the birds,
that start chirping their welcome to sun on his onward path,
impatient to chart new territory with their wings unfurled,
as the morning air comes alive with a unique buzzing warmth.

The last of the chill dies away slowly in the breeze as it plays,
with that ball of silk cotton that it runs behind in merry abandon,
I shiver as it catches me standing still in my corner as if in a daze,
admiring the beauty of yet another day in the life of His creation

No comments:

Post a Comment