Saturday 11 August 2012

Memories on a Highway

The breeze rustles through my hair and reminds me of everything about you;
It's gentle touch a poignant memory of another day, a whisper of a promise true;
A rising excitement and a sense of a purpose tinted by an unexplained tinge of blue;
As I sit here at the wheel lost in my dreams wondering what has become of you.

I remember your head on my shoulder, your hair whipping around the both of us;
And your warm hand clasped in mine, my one true anchor, a bedrock in my sea;
Your unique smell envelopes me, a tang that fills me in a way I cannot express,
At that moment and forever more, there is no other place that I rather would be.

As those softly closed lashes opened to reveal eyes that hold me in their warmth,
And your lips curved into the start of a beautiful smile that brightened up my world,
There was a sense of true belonging in me, a place of comfort, my home and hearth,
As I gripped your soft hand tight lest I was carried away in the emotions that swirled.

The playful breeze lifts up my mood, its buoyancy helped by the panorama that I view,
As I speed up and let the wind rock me back and blow my thoughts out of my head,
I know you are happy where you are and that makes me happier in my thoughts of you,
And I speed down this endless highway, heading nowhere in particular, just straight ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment